The scope of Travel insurance coverage varies from insurer to insurer.
Usually It may cover the following:
1. Travel Medical expenses - Travel insurance may cover the medical expenses that could occur while travelling. This expenses may include the hospitalisation charges, Medicinal cost and evacuation costs.
2. Baggage Insurance - Travel insurance may cover for the lost baggage. It provides reimbursement for the stolen baggage.
3. Trip cancellation - Some time due to illness, the trips may be cancelled and this may be be covered by the Travel insurance. It may also cover the situations like .... you become sick during your trip and you need to cancel the travel and return home.
4. Trip delay - Some insurers provide reimbursement for delays in trips like delay in departure time of flight.
5. Flight Insurance - Covers Accidental Death & Dismemberment while you are traveling on the commercial aircraft.
Apart from all these most of the insurance companies provides a 24 hour help line for their customers to assist them in handling various tight situations that could happen while they are on their trip.
There is an insurer which provides 24 hour Assistance to their customers and strictly use medical professionals to answer their emergency assistance lines. That means during a medical emergency, where minutes can save lives, an insured's call for assistance is answered immediately by a real doctor or nurse. There is no screening process and no waiting on hold for an available nurse.
The cost of the insurance you opted depends on your age. If you are Young the trip rate will be low. Travel medical and evacuation plans are quite inexpensive, especially if you are young.
Purchasing a Travel insurance from a trusted insurer will :-
protect your financial investment
protect your personal items while traveling
cover the high medical costs that could occur during your trip
protect your health and well-being.
cover the cost of being evacuated to a medical center or back home.
Finally the Peace of mind..
So next time when you travel Make sure, You had purchased a Travel Medical Insurance....Safe Travels